March 9, 2014
Preparing Your Home For Its Showing
The idea of showing your home can be overwhelming. Having strangers peruse + probe through your property is an uncomfortable thought. Not to mention all the work that is involved in presenting your home in its finest form. Breaking down the steps on how to prepare your home for a showing, can help with this overall process.
1. Decluttering: makes your home feel bigger.
2. Cleaning: pay attention to areas at eye-level such as countertops, window sills, appliances + furniture (don’t worry about scrubbing your walls + baseboards).
3. Paint: a fresh coat in a neutral shade is an economical way to spruce-up your home.
4. Neutralizing: allows buyers to visualize themselves living in your space. Eliminating family photos + bold colours will add to a positive impression of your home.
5. Value-adds: Fresh flowers + greenery can make your home pop.
6. No scents is good sense: Don’t feel the need to light numerous candles + scents around your home as it can be distracting to potential buyers.